06 March 2008

Thankful Thursday IV

I missed last week's! There was something about having a long to-do list and I simply let it slip. I'm sorry. Anyway, here goes:

~The new header makes me happy. It reminds me of last summer's festivities. My friend cj took the photo.
~My husband remains sweet and kind and faithful, my truest friend.
~Regardless of insidious and sneaky attacks on our faith, or clumsy and fumbling rants disguised as fables and fairy tales, the Word of the Lord remains the only sure and certain testimony.
~Learning truths about the Lord Jesus and his ways from 2 Peter...who knew you could get pages and pages and pages of journaling from the first two verses, the salutation??
~Regardless of yesterday's flops and failures, the Lord's mercy is new every day.
~The sun is shining brightly today (I love sunshine!)
~We have had rain, rain, rain lately; we need more because of our drought.
~A pleasant conversation last night with a new friend. This friendship has lots of promise to become a long-lasting friendship.
~A good conversation yesterday afternoon with an old friend.
~Old friends whose friendships don't fade or break even when we've been through some serious stuff.
~My family. I miss them.
~My parents' faithfulness to the Lord, to each other, and to me and my sister. What a blessing to have godly parents!
~Spring Break.
~Language. You know how complex a language is, and how amazing it is that we just learn it? Babies just hear and listen and hear, and they pick it up. *Poof!*
~That the awkward and question-filled season of my life called 'courtship' is over. What a strain, right? Whew.
~It's worth it, though.

4 comments:

United Studies said...

Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving some great ideas for the baby shower!

Krista said...

Hope you have a fun shower. You'll have to post about it and update how it went.

cj said...

Thanks, I love your Thankful Thursday posts! We all should set aside some time to remember the blessings that God has given to us. By the way, I love your new header too! Columbines scream Colorado to me and the lovely blue just has to lift your spirits whenever you see it!

Krista said...

Well, they are the state flower. I should say BLUE columbines are the state flower.

You know that shot is yours? From our trip over Shrine Pass on the way to Vail for Dad's 60th Birthday Party? It's a really good shot, and you just captured the brightness of the flower in your photography.