01 August 2008

Sunday's Coming

I want to meditate on a passage to move my heart towards the Lord. His day is important, and his table is important. May my heart be filled with love for him, instead of with...self-centeredness and apathy! And so, I have chosen Isaiah 12, a passage that has a history with me (or I have a history with it):


You will say in that day: "I will give thanks to you, O LORD,
for though you were angry with me,
your anger turned away,
that you might comfort me.

"Behold, God is my salvation;
I will trust, and will not be afraid;
for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song,
and he has become my salvation."

With joy you will draw water from the wells of salvation.
And you will say in that day:

"Give thanks to the LORD,
call upon his name,
make known his deeds among the peoples,
proclaim that his name is exalted.

"Sing praises to the LORD, for he has done gloriously;
let this be made known in all the earth.
Shout, and sing for joy, O inhabitant of Zion,
for great in your midst is the Holy One of Israel."

No comments: