23 April 2008

The Big Employment News

I have worked two shifts already. The first shift, I trained on the register. Today, I trained on the sales floor.

The orientation and training so far have been outstanding. They've clearly communicated expectations and set forth the basics of this store's culture in the orientation, and my training for actual tasks and jobs has been good. The people I've trained with have not only taught me how to do what needs to be done, but have also explained the why of how we do what needs to be done. I really appreciate that! It helps me learn, and by gum I'm determined to succeed at this job!

I see a lot more people I know at this store than I do at my previous job at Mia Cucina. I also see a lot more people I know at this store than at my very first retail job. It's something about the demographic.

I am so, so thankful to be working! Remind me to never, ever complain! (I worked near a Super Complainer today and it was so unflattering to her and such a downer for everyone near her.) And besides, I have nothing to complain about.

Anyway...so far, so good.

3 comments:

Heather of Troy said...

Congrats on the new job! Hurray! Hope you really enjoy it. How do you feel about red and khaki? Just wondering.

cj said...

Yay, a new job! I hope that it is a good fit for you. I know exactly what you mean about complainers. It's not nice for anyone to be around. Complaining is such a terrible character trait, and I hate that I sometimes struggle with it.

*carrie* said...

I really like that store, except for their sticky return policy.

Hope you enjoy the employee discount!