25 September 2008

Sweet Tea

Now that the weather is changing, I am drinking sweet tea. I'm sure some imagine sipping a tall, icy glass of sweet tea while sitting in a rocking chair on the front veranda of a beautiful antebellum Southern mansion.

Not me. It's getting chilly, and now I want sweet tea. (Also, I can't buy coffee yet. Payday's not for a while.) (Anyway, if there are any Aussies reading this blog, this post should be right on time for your spring- and summer-time.)

So here's my recipe, adapted from Paula Deen. (Hers is too sweet.)

Krista's Sweet Tea
  • Bring to a boil 2 cups water in medium saucepan. As soon as it boils, take it off the heat, put two family-size teabags in, cover, and let steep for 10 minutes or so.
  • In two-quart pitcher, dissolve 1/3 cup sugar in some hot water. Tap water is fine.
  • When the tea has steeped, pour it over into the pitcher. Stir.
  • Fill the pitcher with cold tap water.
  • Serve over ice.
Yield: 1/2 gallon (2 quarts). Double the recipe for a 1-gallon pitcher.

No comments: