26 July 2007

Home Again, Home Again

Well, we made it home. It took much longer than expected, but we saw some new country and helped family out to boot.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&hl=en&geocode=&saddr=Colorado+Springs,+Colorado&daddr=Quinter,+Kansas+to:Toronto,+Kansas+to:Cassville,+Missouri+to:Savannah,+Hardin,+Tennessee,+United+States+to:Ringgold,+Georgia&mrcr=4&mra=pi&sll=37.07142,-96.533695&sspn=17.714922,29.619141&ie=UTF8&ll=37.579413,-90.878906&spn=17.59373,29.619141&z=5&om=1

If you click on the link, you will see our approximate route. Exeptions: we never took an interstate (except for the 30 miles between Oakley and Quinter), and we didn't veer south into Alabama.

It was really neat to see new country, especially the Ozark Mountains in Arkansas, but I think I am ready for the Interstates again for a long while. Unless we take into account that the back roads simply take more time!

Now we are home. We have A's (my sister-in-law) car with us because we couldn't figure out how to get her car, the moving truck, and the minivan down here with only two drivers (A and J, my mother-in-law). So...here we are with two cars.

Work is...work. I am still on the hunt for other work, but I haven't heard anything. That's part of my quest today.

And I am in Harry Potter Land. The 7th and final installment is flipping its pages by my eyes as they read. It's different than I expected but so, so good! I am only about 200 pages from the end and savoring every word.

Keep in touch. I miss you all, my family who live too far away.

No comments: