Things that happened Thanksgiving morning before the meal:
- Monkey bread was baked and served for breakfast-snacking.
- Cheese ball was put out for breakfast-snacking.
- Chocolate-Pecan Pie was compiled and baked off.
- Apple juice was simmered with 3 cloves and 1/2 cinnamon stick (simple, easy cider; if orange peels simmer for too long they turn bitter).
- Table was set.
- Butter was put onto butter dish early enough for it to get soft for the meal.
- Potatoes were boiled and mashed.
- Green bean casserole was baked and topped with French fried onions.
- Peas were steamed.
- Crescent rolls were baked.
- Turkey was plattered and reheated (and still didn't get dry!)
- Martinelli's was poured (yes, we had a bottle of wine, but we didn't serve it. Long story).
It was a great meal. It was a really nice day. I loved it. Some of the people I love were there, some new friends were there, and a lot of the people I love were elsewhere. Still, it was a great day.